Saturday, July 13, 2013

Amanda Knox: Blog entry 1


I'm engaged!!! Agh! I can't believe I am going to be Mrs. Jackson Brennan! Of course, there's a lot of stuff that has to happen before the big day, but for today, I'm just going to enjoy being engaged! Jack got me such a beautiful ring, it's two carats and it's called a princess cut. Isn't it pretty? I took a picture right there at the table when he proposed, seriously, like two minutes later. I just couldn't resist! I know it's silly, but he makes me FEEL like a princess. We have our differences, sure, but he loves me and I love him! We'll make it together!

I have a long ways to go to get back to where I want to be with God, but I am working on that too. I haven't missed a Sunday at church, and since I'm still living with Laura and Chuck, we have devotional times together every single morning. (well, whenever they aren't out on the bike) Jackson joins us on Saturdays and it's so great to be getting close to my future in-laws. Agh!! I'm going to have in-laws! Holy moly! I have to call my mom! It's too late tonight, and just for tonight I want to keep this all to myself, but tomorrow night I'm going to write down exactly how he proposed so I will always remember this special night.

I cannot wait to show Clarissa! I hope it doesn't hurt her feelings when she sees the ring. I know she hoped she would be the one wearing Jack's ring, but she knows Jack and I are meant for each other. She's a good friend, and I'm sure even if she is a little bit hurt, she'll probably still ooh and ahh over it with me. I am so lucky. God brought me out of the crap I'd gotten myself into and gave me a wonderful boyfriend---oh man, I mean fiance!! And a great friend too! Well, I better head to bed. I have to go show Clarissa first thing in the morning and then I want to go out and buy some bridal magazines. We haven't picked a date yet, but I'm sure it will be this spring sometime. I don't think we can wait to be together much longer than that--it's hard for me anyways because of my past. I just want to kiss him and touch him and never stop!

Amanda
(Mrs. Brennan--has a nice ring to it!)





1 comment: