Sunday, July 21, 2013

Blue Suede Shoes: Excerpt 6

“Okay, out with it,” Amanda pushed. “I may have only known you for a little while, but I know you well enough to realize something is definitely wrong.”
“Fine.” Clarissa bit the word off and was silent for a moment. “It’s this Dr. Norman,” she started.
“I knew it! I knew it was a man problem,” Amanda said. The look Clarissa shot at her had her shutting up instantly. She mimed zipping her mouth shut and tossing the key over her shoulder.
“I want him,” Clarissa said. Amanda squeaked a little, but she kept it together while encouraging Clarissa to continue. “I want him for something I’ve been mulling around for awhile. I need a good pediatric oncologist, and he’s the best in California.”
“And what does he look like?” Amanda cowered, grinning, but Clarissa just rolled her eyes. “I’m sorry, I’m in love, and I just want everyone to be in love with me!” They looked at each other and laughed.
“Okay, that came out wrong,” Amanda joked. “But seriously, Rissa, is he a Dr. McDreamy?”
“Sure, I guess, if you’re into Harvard grads who come with egos as big as their list of accomplishments, eyes like the melted chocolate and brown hair that makes you want to grab it and sink your fingers into it while you decide whether to kiss him or slap him,” Clarissa said breathlessly.
“Whoa, girl,” Amanda said, turning to face her friend. “This sounds serious—I vote for the kiss!”
“I went with the slap,” Clarissa said.

No comments:

Post a Comment